One title in particular, "Enjoy Life and Be Happy in 30 Seconds" really made us giggle like little girls, so much so that Irene bought it for me and practically demanded I write about it.
So I was flipping through the book to see if I would get inspired to write about it and a funny thing happened... I decided to REALLY read it and participate in the daily activities instead, even if it is in my own Jaded way. Like so...
Activity #1: Today I will focus on 5 things that are great in my life.
- I have great hair. It doesn't always obey my commands but all in all, my hair is awesome.
- I know at least 5 people who, with just one phone call, will drop everything to cut someone to bloody bits of ass on my behalf.
- My kids are growing into amazing young ladies, all because I am a consecutive Mother of the Year award winner.
- I know what I want to be when I grow up, and that's more than a lot of people can say for themselves.
- I have a pretty good feeling that when my landlord and his family blow up NYC my little family of three will be spared.
*smooches...only taking the activities KINDA serious*
listen, one book and one church visit do not an UN-Jaded NYer make... so what are the 5 great things in YOUR life?